Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Please join me in my journey

These last few weeks I have had quite a bit of time on my hands. This is the first time since Nelson and I were married that I have not been working and/or going to school. I sat down and wondered... What am I going to do now?!
I cook. I clean. I do laundry. I sit and make cards. I entertain (thanks Chris Hill, Zach Z, Cheryl E and Melissa W for making January a full month). I wait patiently for my husband to come home from work. But something is still lacking...
On May 31st I am turning 25!!! Oh NO!!
Here comes some serious evaluating of my life... a quarter of a century has gone by... and what have I accomplished? What do I want to accomplish?
I have decided that before my 25th birthday I am going to walk, run, or bike from my doorstep to my parents doorstep (not literally, just that many miles)!


According to trusty google it is 839 miles! There are 118 days until my birthday. That means I need to walk, run or bike an average of 7 miles a day. This is going to be a huge undertaking but I think that if I put my mind to it, I can do it! I will be posting my progress here hopefully everyday. If not every couple days. Please help me with encouraging comments and travel with me from 981 N Stonehenge Way, Meridian, ID to 27760 Via De La Real, Moreno Valley CA!!!

Any walking, running or biking partners out there?!



4 comments:

  1. I just wish this was for real!!! You are near and dear to my heart every second of the day!!! I am with you all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Preethi!!! You rock. You will feel great. I'd go longer some days so you can give yourself some short days and days off. It's nice to have breaks. :) Now that I think about it, that is really a big undertaking. I think I was averaging 8 a day when I was in marathon training. Call if you need a pep talk! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to help you do some of those miles. I have some goals I want to reach before Ned & I's 30th anniversary in May. So, we'll have to make some dates to do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Preethi!!!! I can do it with you any day and anytime.... just let me know when and I'll through my tennis shoes in the car!! You'll do great and feel soooo good about yourself!! One of the biggest accomplishment is just to care for your self!

    ReplyDelete